Taking time to enjoy the view


The view during a nature walk I took with my husband and kids while on "break"

Dear friends/readers,

Thank you to those of you who noticed my absence in the blogosphere. I suddenly got overwhelmed with one too many projects and ended up taking an unplanned blog break so I could enjoy some nights of much-needed sleep and time to enjoy simple pleasures like reading a book for a few hours at a time.


My daughter showing me that it's important to stop and enjoy the view every once in a while

Some of you may remember I've had computer troubles before due to horrible viruses slowing down my computer to a crawl. Unfortunately, even two expensive fixes weren't enough to completely cure my PC and I finally decided to end my computer frustrations by getting a Mac last weekend. I knew it was time when I commented to a friend that my computer was so slow that I always made sure to have a book or magazine on hand for the inevitable delays while I was online. She laughed hilariously, then gently led me to the nearest Apple store.

Like most everyone else, our family is on a tight budget these days but a computer is such a necessity that I resorted to creative financing techniques (garage sale! Craigslisting!) to buy my computer without dipping into our savings. This meant turning almost the entire house upside down in search of clutter and junk. Not that it was that hard, believe me, but parting with some of my kids' baby items and a few other things made me a little nostalgic.


Some artwork and prints I've collected, some of which sold at the garage sale

Anyway, I'm glad to be back. I have a few posts on the horizon about some of my decorating and crafting adventures the past few weeks.


An arrangement of treasured objects in my family room

Tell me, what do you do to get away from it all when you know it's time to take a break to recharge? I'd love to hear what works for others.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Tina said...

My dear Minnie, it is beyond fabulous to see your latest post:) I have missed you so much here in blogland! I am so happy to hear all is well and that you have just been taking a break to enjoy the view (what a wise little soul your daughter is!! - love the pic too.). I am happy to hear you have a new computer, must make your life a lot easier!! Clever you for thinking to fund such a purchase by having a garage sale and through Craigs List! Now as to what I do when I take a bloggy break...study - or in today's case...procrastinate:) I am looking forward to hearing all about your crafty things you have been doing:) Wishing you a wonderful day my sweet friend. Big hugs to you~ Txx

Razmataz said...

Minnie, so glad you are back at your blog. So smart to take a break when needed instead of stressing yourself out!

If I need to re-charge, I usually get cooking. Invite friends over, or bake a big batch of brownies and deliver them to neighbors and have a little visit. Or walk my dog, I find that makes me slow down because she is 16 and walks soooo slowly. But she stops and smells everything...a lesson perhaps in taking time.

Creamy White said...

Hi, I'm glad you are back.
Gorgeous pictures and I love the one with your daughter! How precious to have capture something like that moment!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs, Li

CACHANILLA73 said...

Nice to hear from you!! I love the pic of your daughter, love the thighs, ;)..... When I need a break I enjoy my large collections of magazines, just looking at the pictures or re-reading some articles and discovering those least favorite.

We'll be waiting to read about your crafts. Take care.

Minnie said...

Friends, Thank you so much for your very nice comments.

Cachanilla, I, too, love those tights. Thankfully, my daughter also loves bright colors and all the girly stuff. Magazines are one of my favorites escapes as well.

Razmataz, I wish I lived in your neighborhood so I could enjoy those brownies.