Dreaming of a (vintage) pink Christmas

This week, I thought I would join the Vintage Christmas Mondays party of bloggers incorporating vintage items into their Christmas decorations, if only in spirit since we only have two Mondays left before the big day. It is being hosted by Joan at anything goes here.

After planting pink poinsettias in my backyard, I couldn't resist the lure of adding more pink to our seasonal decor. I never thought a bowl of Christmas ornaments could make me so happy.



I lucked out and found these ornaments at a couple of different thrift shops. It was such a thrill to finally incorporate a yellow-and-pink color scheme into my home. This has been a goal of mine ever since the talented Leslie Shewring of A Creative Mint blog posted her beautiful photographs in a series of compositions she aptly titled "Pink Lemonade" last July.



Somehow my pink Christmas vignette all came together with a few other vintage odds and ends I've picked up through the months:

A pink metal bowl turned upside down to serve as a stand for a former Avon talc powder container and applicator shaped like a drummer/majorette girl with her baton or drumstick. A metal bowl to hold the ornaments that originally came with a matching glass Pyrex bowl. A sweet-looking Christmas card I plucked from a basket of old cards at a thrift store. And finally, a pink towel holder that I use to hold letters and small notes on my desk.




I actually have two copies of this old Walt Disney book that I love and I picked up the ceramic choir singer at a thrift store after Christmas last year for less than a dollar. The tree was a little more expensive at five dollars, a compromise since I really wanted a larger pink or white tree.



But I cannot complain. I mean, just look at the sweet faces on my majorette and kids on the Christmas card.



They fit in perfectly into my pink office and match the futon I painted pink last spring.

Remember, don't forget to hop on over to anything goes here for a full viewing of the vintage creations of talented and inspired bloggers.

Photobucket

9 comments:

anythinggoeshere said...

Welcome to the Vintage Christmas Monday blog party for the last two weeks. What pretty and fresh colors for the holidays.

You have been added to the list and I am looking forward to next week's post. xo Joan, your hostess

kjkljk;ljljgjgfuyhd said...

Hi Minnie!
Nice Vintage pink Christmas post :+)
With Shiny Brites getting harder to find, you scored big!
Have a nice day~
Franny

CACHANILLA73 said...

Ooooohhh, it is gorgeous!!!! I have been dreaming of a "pink Christmas" myself.... that little pink tree is just adorable... :-)

Saludos...

The Lazy Peacock said...

wow! i absolutely love your decorations! that majorette is amazing! and all of the pink is lovely, you tied it together beautifully. i really enjoyed seeing it.

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh...so pretty! All of it, especially this Shiny Brites!
XOXO
Joni

Jane said...

Perfect pink decorations for your pink office! Love the fun, festive look.
Jane

★Carol★ said...

Looks like you are going to have a Very Merry Pink Christmas! I love how you used one of those old aluminum bowls upside down, and that great pink towel holder to hold the card. And that pink caroler is so sweet. Everything is just wonderful!
Merry Christmas and Happy VCM!
Carol

Rebecca said...

Love the color combination! Cheerful & bright. The pink vintage ornaments are softly sensational.

Grace@PoeticHome said...

How sweet and cheerful! I love your collection of vintage Christmas treasures. And pink poinsettias? How chic!