Inspiration boards worth checking out

I was doing some research for a design project I'm working on and stumbled upon the most luscious inspiration board I've seen in a while.



Isn't it divine? The inspiration board is in the loft home of Sabrina Linn, textile designer and stylist, who placed it in her entryway. What a way to make a statement! The inspiration board was featured in Suzanne Dima's blog over at Canadian House and Home in a post titled, "Inspiration Boards as Art." It's totally worth checking out here for more eye candy.



I adore seeing how people arrange their styling boards and often find them as inspirational as my own. I wrote a rather lengthy post on inspiration boards last year, which you can read here. To get my fix for inspiration boards, I often go to The Guardian newspaper, which for a time featured a series on the private spaces of creative people.

The inspiration board above, which belongs to handbag designer Anya Hindmarch, caught my eye because of the giant lamp. I couldn't resist posting this photo although the lamp overshadows the oversized inspiration board propped up against the wall behind the desk.



The photo above, also from The Guardian's "My Space" series, features an inspiration wall of sorts that seems to have grown organically. That's my favorite kind of inspiration board. The one above belongs to fashion designer Erdem.


Apartment Therapy: Geninne Zlatkis' home

Many creative people can't resist changing their inspiration board around all the time, to keep it fresh and, well, inspirational. Mexico-based artist Geninne Zlatkis is someone who does this and does it well. You can check out her latest one on her blog here.

Of course, there is also a Flickr group that features inspiration boards of all kinds. Do you have an inspiration board?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Razmataz said...

Minnie. this has inspired me to put a cork board in the empty frame that I have hanging in my office that was to be my inspiration board.

torrie said...

I love inspiration boards as well, as you can see from my blog's banner:)! That board is actually in my office- untouched! Not ready to change (or update) it quite yet. It was a blast to create and I love looking at it, as it has all that I LOVE featured on it... and simply, makes me happy... inspired.

{and sends a great message to my children at the same time}

Unknown said...

I love inspiration boards as well, both making them and seeing other people's. It's fascinating to see what inspires other artists, isn't it? Also, mine never quite look as pretty and perfect as Geninne's, but I try:)