A tribute to my mother

For all that you've done and continue to do for me, dear mother

Por todo lo que has hecho y sigues haciendo por mi, querida mamá

Un homenaje a mi mamá (A tribute to my mother)

My mom, me at age six, and my sister at a beach in Mexico

For having so much courage
to leave behind
all that you knew
aunts, cousins, sisters, brothers
a country and a city that were yours
for a place where you knew nothing
not even the language
all you had
was your love
for us
and
that was enough.

Por haber tenido tanta valentía
en dejar
todo
lo que conocías
tías, primas y primos, hermanas y hermanos
un país y una ciudad que era tuya
por otra en donde
no sabías nada
ní el idioma
lo único
que tenías
era el amor por nosotras
y con eso
fue suficiente.

My mom and I at Coronado in San Diego County


I love you very much. Happy Mother's Day
Te quiero muchísimo. Feliz Dia de las Madres

No comments: